Monday, September 17, 2012

Jamaica Plain Open Studios

I'll be participating in the19th Annual Jamaica Plain Open Studios weekend on Saturday & Sunday, September 22nd-23rd, from 11a-6p with my partner Andy Moerlein, at my studio on 93 Forest Hills St #3, Jamaica Plain. It's site #53 on the map. If you're in Boston, please stop by and say hello!


Recently installed at Gallery Ehva in Provincetown, Seagull Cinderella, 8 ft tall, styrofoam, cement & paint. Along with a small series of my bronzes. (See the images below)

Asian Elephant, 6" bronze on limestone base. Limited edition, 1/10.

To catch everyone up on what I've been doing, this year, The Global Business Hub blog is one of the Boston Globe's business blogs 'Connecting the State's Business Community with the World. Boston World Partnerships expert "Connectors" discuss business strategy, entrepreneurship, Boston's place in the world economy, and much more.' As a BWP Connector and liaison to the arts sector, I have been contributing regular articles to this blog on the business of the art world and the global reach of Boston artists. The articles that I have written can be found here.

Elephant Princess, 6" bronze on limestone base. Limited edition, 1/10.

I've also got an article in this month's Artscope (Sept/Oct) that features an interview with Todd Levin, Christine Pfister, Richard Polsky and Andrew Witkin on the subject of Art as an Investment vehicle.


Lilac Rhino, 6" bronze on limestone base. Limited edition, 1/10.


Last but not least, I've updated my blog, with a 'Collector's Corner,' where I post stories from people who have bought my artwork and added it to their personal collections. The idea to make this blog came from a new friend and colleague who I greatly admire, Jean Maginnis, who is the founder and Executive Director at the Maine Center for Creativity.

Pregnant Kangaroo, 6" bronze on limestone base. Limited edition, 1/10.

No comments: