A Panel Discussion on International Art Residencies
Wednesday May 2, 2012 from 6:30 – 9:00 pm
swissnex Boston · 420 Broadway · Cambridge, MA 02138
Kiki Thompson, Co-Founder of the 3-D Verbier Sculpture Park Residency Program, will discuss the values of international residency programs in the arts. Additionally, Boston sculptors and Verbier Residency artists, Donna Dodson, and Andy Moerlein, will speak about their experiences.
Other artists included in the Panel:
● Mary Sherman, Director of TransCultural Exchange
● Franklin Einspruch, painter, writer and arts critic
● Lynne Allen, Director, School of Visual Arts at Boston University
● Antoni Muntadas, visiting Professor of the Practice at MIT
Caitlin Strokosch, Executive Director at Alliance of Artists Communities
This event is free and open to the public. A networking reception with Swiss delights will follow the panel discussion.
Topics will include:
· Presentation of the Verbier 3D Sculpture Residency Park Program (Kiki Thompson)
· Experience by former artists-in-residence in Verbier (Donna Dodson & Andy Moerlein)
· Discussion about other residency programs and experience and knowledge sharing with international artists-in-residence programs, their values, and the return on investment.
Update: Here are some images from that event from Enough Room Video. Swissnex, the Boston Consulate of Switzerland, posted a write up of the panel discussion on their blog with photos from the event by Andreas Rufer and a video recap here.